We have multiple potential design engineering projects with various customers in the Cork,Kerry, Galway , Limerick , Waterford areas. These include contract and permanent positions.
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Machinist. Our Client is a highly regarded industrial engineering company who specialise in precision machining, sheet metal fabrication and full product assembly based in the Waterford/Cork area. You will be joining a dedicated and skilled team so it is essential that you have good team working skills, and a broad knowledge of engineering manufacturing
- You will work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials
- Be able to develop their own program to perform the cuts and shapes required by the engineering blueprint. They will be required to upload computer software, and program the machine to make parts from various materials, such as metal and plastics.
- Be able to interpret the parts design from blueprints.
- Communicate with the engineers may be required to make any necessary changes.
- CNC machinists also troubleshoot problems and make machine adjustments as needed.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions,
irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & reading technical publications.
- Experience in this field of 2 or more years is required. If you feel you are the right candidate for this role please email your CV to email@example.com